USA VOLLEYBALL (USAV) is the National Governing Body (NGB) for volleyball (both indoor and outdoor) in the USA under the US Olympic Committee (USOC). USAV is responsible for the US Olympic Volleyball teams (both indoor and outdoor). In support of those teams, USAV has a number of developmental teams at the national level, and supports a wide variety of programs for adults, juniors, coaches and officials. A great deal of information about those programs is available at the USAV website http://volleyball.teamusa.org/ (also accessible from a link on the IREVA homepage and on the links page).
You can find out more about USAV membership information and benefits here.
USAV also has a new pamphlet explaining a bit more here.
The 40 "Regional Volleyball Associations" (RVAs) of USA Volleyball are each a Member Organization of USA Volleyball. The RVAs serve the grassroots function for USA Volleyball and collectively serve as a catalyst for USA Volleyball functions. Membership in an RVA also provides membership in USAV, with all of the associated benefits.
Many organizations offer volleyball programs, and many of those are affiliated with USAV, but do not offer USAV memberships. USAV does not have reciprocity agreements with other organizations’ memberships.
Some of the advantages of USAV / RVA membership and programs include:
- Single-sport focus on volleyball
- Standardized sport rules nationwide as determined by the NGB
- The highest levels of competition in each category
- The best insurance program for general liability and injury
- The best program for background check requirements for adults associated with juniors
- Coach and referee training and certification programs